Total Pageviews

Taking control


Dear Diary,
        
         Today June 28th 1762 I shall take the throne with the help of my faithful advisers.  I hope that all will go well I hope to write from you soon. As I take control of this country, I set goals for myself that I hope to achieve while on the throne.  I really hope that I can enlighten my people, the russian people.  Along with this I hope to modernize this country and bring more progressive laws.  I also hope to improve the education in Russia especially for the women of this great country.  These are very hard things for me to accomplish especially for being a women but hopefully my people will allow myself to take the role of their Queen and make Russia a prosperous country connected to the rest of the world.
My regards,

Catherine