Total Pageviews

Type of Rule


Dear Diary, 

Although mother introduced me to the Lutheran Church as a child, I felt "connected" to the Russian Orthodox faith when I married my lovely Prince Peter. How convenient it is that I converted because now that he has passed away, I can be the Empress! As a moderate monarch, I plan to be one of the greatest reformers of Russia. I know I can accomplish a lot like the strong and powerful woman I am. Some say my domestic and foreign policies are too far-fetched, but I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when I accomplish everything! The first few years of my reign, I reckon it will be a good idea to direct my power towards strengthening my position. Russia will emerge into the great world of politics as a stronger nation because of my reforms! Russia's economic strength will be greatly enhanced. I will surely be remembered forever as a great leader. 
Catherine