Total Pageviews

Accomplishments


Dear Diary,
     Today my servant told me that some peasants think that I am not that great, of course it took all that I had to not to hunt them down and kill them. I don't understand why my inferiors criticize my every move, have they not realized how I took Russia from a poor uneducated country and introduced new reforms and increased its wealth? Under my rule, Russia is bigger than ever, no other King or Queen has ever accomplished that. Out of 50 provinces, I acquired 11 of them and built 114 new cities and towns, Russia has expanded from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea! One of my proudest accomplishments would be wiping Poland off the map, of course I had to share its territory with Prussia and Austria otherwise it would have resulted in a huge conflict, but it was worth it.
     The people of Russia seem to forget how modernized Russia has become under my rule. My new accurate censuses in each province tell us about Russia and the population and how my country is doing. Nevertheless, The population of Russia thinks that my newly built bridges and roads were a waste of money, but why are my people using them so much if they don't like them? Soon, because of the arts, Russia will (hopefully) acquire a reputation as center of civilization, that will show my critics. Once St. Petersburg is finished being rebuilt, it WILL be one of the world's most "dazzling" cities.
     Men, women and children would die everyday if it weren't for my doctors. Because of me, hospitals are all over Russia and at least one is in each province. No other ruler has established the first College of Medicine, but I have.
    Before me can you believe how underpopulated Russia was before my rule? People from all over the world are settling in my country because of my advertisements in foreign newspapers. Soon Russia will be a busy country with tons of people and they will all be thanking me even when I’m dead for preserving Russia from becoming an underpopulated nation. 
   

Catherine